But this week hasn’t been all bad. I got a job, for one thing. Far more universally exciting though — my friend Emily finally opened her Etsy shop! The picture above is an example of one of the adorable, hand-sewn Iphone/Ipod cases currently on sale on her website. As her artistic director and designer, I can tell you that everything is awesome, and she’ll be coming out with more options in the very near future (pencil pouches, wallets, etc.). Check out the rest of her wares at Emerlina Designs.
– 1-1/2 sticks butter, cold and cut up into small pieces.
– 2 cups flour
– 1/2 cup brown sugar
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 16 oz cream cheese
– 2 large eggs
– 3/4 cup sugar
– 1 tsp vanilla
– 3/4 cup blueberry preserves
(2) Combine butter, flour, brown sugar and salt, pulse in food processor (or with a fork in bowl) until crumbly. Press into the bottom of a 13x9x2 pan. Bake for 20 minutes, until golden.
(3) While the shortbread is baking, beat the cream cheese until smooth, then add eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Set aside.
(4) Pull the shortbread out of the oven. Slather with a thin layer of preserves while still hot.
(5) Pour cheesecake batter over the shortbread and preserves in the pan.
(7) Stick everything in the fridge for about an hour to cool off and firm up. Eat!