Maybe it’s just my imagination, but I’m pretty sure the limoncello is getting stronger. It’s only been two days, but when I poured myself a glass yesterday, the lemony-boozy fumes about knocked me out on the first sip. It was still very sweet and lemony and all, but…whew. I can see why people say the stuff is lethal. This is definitely a leisurely-post-meal-sipping kind of beverage.
Mixed with tonic water and blueberries though, the limoncello lost its intense boozy kick. In fact, the cocktail tasted almost exactly like Sprite! Don’t be fooled though, the alcohol is definitely still there — it’s just diluted enough by the fizz to not be quite so in-your-face. Proceed with caution, folks.
Blueberry-Limoncello Cooler (Adapted from Giada De Laurentiis’s recipe)
- 1 500ml bottle of limoncello
- 1 cup sparkling water (or tonic water), chilled
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Mint sprigs for garnish
- Crushed ice
(1) In a large pitcher, combined the limoncello, sparkling water, and blueberries, and give it all a good stir.
(2) Fill a highball or other drinking glass with ice, then fill to the brim with the limoncello mixture.
(3) Garnish with a mint sprig and enjoy immediately.