For once, I don’t have a back story to explain my motivation for making this cake. And, I can’t think of any anecdotes associated with either chocolate or loaf cake. I just really wanted something sweet and chocolate-y to go with my turkey sandwich.
Triple Chocolate Loaf Cake (Adapted from the Bittersweet Baker’s recipe)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup dark chocolate cocoa powder (I used Ghiradelli)
- 1-1/2 flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
(1) Preheat oven to 350, and grease a 9×5 loaf pan.
(2) In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients until well-combined.
(3) In a separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients.
(4) Slowly mix wet ingredients into the dry ingredients to form the batter. Stir well.
(5) Gently stir in milk and white chocolate chips. Mix until chips are uniformly distributed throughout the batter.
(6) Pour batter into the greased loaf pan.
(7) Bake for about an hour.
** The original recipe says to bake for up to 1 hour and 10 minutes. My oven runs hot, so I always bake for about 10-20 minutes less than what the recipe calls for.
(8) Cool for about 15 minutes, then serve with fresh fruit and whipped cream.
** My loaf cake sank in on top during the cooling process. From what I can tell from the original recipe and other pictures, that’s supposed to happen. Not very pretty, but you can always fill the hole in with whipped cream and fruit.