I’m guest posting again on Milli’s blog today, and I’ve decided to share my recipe for Chicken Pesto Pizza. When I was working at the courthouse, one of my favorite things to get for lunch at the Judge’s Dining Room was the Chicken Pesto Sandwich. Grilled chicken, thick slices of fresh mozzarella and spinach sandwiched in a toasted ciabatta roll slathered with homemade pesto. Mmmmm.
This pizza version is just as delicious, and even easier to eat. It’s a good thing I have so much pizza dough and pesto sitting in my fridge right now, cuz I know what I’m going to be eating for lunch everyday next week…
For my full post with pictures + recipe, head over to the myChef blog.
** Oops, looks like the myChef blog doesn’t exist anymore (thanks for letting me know, Thomas!), so I’m copying and pasting the recipe below: (thank god for Internet caching)
Chicken Pesto Pizza
- 1 batch of spinach-walnut pesto (or regular, basil-based pesto)
- 1 batch of pizza dough
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, cut into chunks or strips
- Fresh mozzarella, cut into thin slices (no measurement here, since it depends on how much cheese you want on your pizza)
(1) Preheat oven to 500. Grease a baking sheet, or prepare a pizza stone.
** I don’t own a pizza stone, so I bake all my pizza on regular ol’ baking sheets. Pizzas turn out just fine, as far as I can tell.
(2) Divide your pizza dough into two pieces.
(3) Pull and stretch one piece of dough into your desired shape/thickness.
** I made individual-sized pizzas, so I actually just grabbed a few handfuls of dough and shaped smaller pieces about 1/3 inch thick. If you’re using half the batch at once, you’re going to get a much larger pizza. When then Pioneer Woman was making her pizza, she stretched her dough into a large rectangular shape.
(4) Slather pesto onto the surface of your stretched pizza dough. Again, no measurements, because it depends on your tastes.
** I used 1-2 tbsp for each of my individual-sized pizzas.
(5) Layer mozzarella, spinach, and chicken on top of the pesto. Load it up!
(6) Slip your baking sheet into the oven, and leave it in for approximately 12 minutes, or until crust is golden/brown and cheese is melted/bubbly.
(7) Cut into squares, and eat immediately!