It’s hard to believe, but the three dozen Chewy Chocolate Cherry Oatmeal Cookies I made on Friday are almost gone. I wish I were kidding, but…there are maybe 10 cookies left in the jar. Yeah. Dan and I are gross.
In a last ditch effort to exercise self restraint, I have packed away the remaining cookies and will be taking them to work tomorrow. (You’re welcome, Will.) If I can’t be skinny anymore, no one else can either!
Just kidding, calm down. No one is going to get fat from those cookies. They’re “healthy,” remember? Ha…ha…haha…ha.
Anyway, packing away the oatmeal cookies meant that Dan and I would be snack-less during the Oscars. That would be tragic! So, in a totally logical and reasonable move, I whipped us up another batch of cookies. With chocolate chips. In bar-form. Yeah, there’s going to be some serious cookie-belly pains happening tonight. Worth it. These cookie bars are too good to pass up!
Happy Oscar Night, guys!
Chocolate Chip Cookies Bars (Adapted from Butter Baking’s recipe)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
(1) Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 baking pan.
(2) In a large bowl, combine vegetable oil and sugars. Mix until smooth.
(3) Add eggs, one at a time. Mix well.
(4) Slowly add dry ingredients until batter is smooth and thick.
(5) Stir in about 3/4 of the chocolate chips.
(6) Spoon batter into greased baking pan, then sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top.
(7) Bake 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick or knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
(8) Allow to cool before cutting. Enjoy while watching the Oscars!
For other great dessert ideas, click here.