For me, Superbowl is as much about the eating and drinking as it is about the football. Maybe more, actually. That’s why it’s always a kind of a bummer when I go to a Superbowl party and the only thing around for me to wash down all those delightfully salty, greasy, junky snacks is beer. I am so not a beer girl.
So tomorrow, when Dan and the guys are throwing back brewskies and screaming at the TV, I’m going to be calmly sipping on sweet, fruity, refreshing sangria. Bottoms up!
White Sangria (Inspired by the delicious sangrias served at Cities Restaurant Bar and Lounge)
– 1 bottle white wine
– 3 oz Peach Schnapps
– 4 oz St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur
– 1 container raspberries
– 6 strawberries, cut into small pieces
– 1 cup blueberries
– 1 tbsp sugar
(1) Put all your fruit in a pitcher or caraffe.
(2) Add schnapps, elderflower liqueur, and wine.
(3) Add sugar, and stir gently to mix all the ingredients.
(4) Refrigerate until ready to serve.