You know how some people really, really love McDonald’s? I’m not one of them. The burgers are boring, the fries are uninspired, and frankly, the inexplicably boneless yet rib-shaped McRib meat patty freaks me out. Seriously guys, what is in those things? Nevermind, I don’t want to know.
Clearly, I am not McDonald’s target audience. But, even I have to admit that they do a mean breakfast. Greasy, crispy fried hash brown patties…breakfast sandwiches with sausage, egg, cheese, and syrup-filled pancake buns…fried chicken & biscuits…what’s not to love? This bacon, egg & cheese breakfast sandwich was made in response to a rare McD’s breakfast craving. And, not to toot my horn or anything, but…it was way tastier than anything you could get from a chain restaurant. Buttery, flaky homemade biscuits stuffed with crispy, salty bacon, and oozy, melt-y cheese — now that’s a great way to start your day, folks!
Bacon, Egg & Cheese Breakfast Sandwich
- 2-3 strips bacon, cooked and crisp (I like to cook my bacon in the oven)
- 1 large egg
- 1 slice Colby jack cheese (or cheddar, or any other cheese you like)
- 1 buttermilk biscuit, split in half and toasted
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Crack your egg into a bowl, and whip with a fork until yolk and whites are completely combined. Season with salt/pepper to taste.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet on medium heat.
- When small bubbles start to form on the surface of the oil, carefully pour your beaten egg into the pan. Gently tilt the pan so that the egg covers the entire surface of the pan in a thin layer.
- When the bottom of the egg is firm, use a spatula to fold up all 4 corners of the egg circle to form a small square of egg. Flip and cook on the other side.
- Lift your egg square onto the bottom half of your toasted biscuit, and top with your slice of cheese. Lay bacon strips across the cheese, and cover with the top half of your biscuit.
- Place sandwich on a baking sheet and stick it in the oven for about 5 minutes, or until cheese is fully melted/oozy.
- Enjoy immediately!