Pork Belly Benedict

December 1, 2012

Guys. Have you ever tasted roasted pork belly? Are you aware that it is the most delicious thing ever? It’s super rich, fork-tender and flavorful, and has the most wonderful caramelized crispy bits. If I weren’t on a wedding diet, I’d definitely eat this stuff every single day. Holla at you later, arteries — pass me the fatty pork bits on your way out.

But seriously, though. Pork belly is the best. Go ahead and put a few slices on a cheesy buttermilk biscuit, top it with an oozy poached egg, and drown everything in buttery hollandaise sauce. If you’re feeling guilty about your life decisions at this point, toss some roasted vegetables on the plate too. Take a bite. Swoon. Thank me later.

12 Comments

1. Sam says:

Oh my gosh that looks so good. You might convince me to overcome my fears of biscuit-making and hollandaise.

• justputzing says:

I have a deep-seated fear of biscuit-making too! But these are easy. So is the hollandaise, as long as your whisking arm doesn’t get tired easily…

2. Melissa says:

I LOVE PORK BELLY!!! Probably a little too much for my own good. This looks delicious Tina!!

3. sara says:

LOVE. This looks insanely good!

4. Sylkia says:

Oh. My. Goodness. This sounds so amazing, maybe the answer is right in front of my nose but I’m not seeing it so, how many servings does this make?

• justputzing says:

Well, I technically only made (and photographed) 1 serving, with a single biscuit, 2 slices of pork, and 2 poached eggs. BUT, the biscuit recipe churns out 9 biscuits, and you should be roasting 1.5 lbs pork belly. So I guess the answer depends on how many biscuits you want to eat, and how much pork you pile on top of each biscuit :) At least 9 servings though, probably (using the biscuits as the limiting factor)!

• Sylkia says:

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly… I’m marinating the pork belly right now and I’ll let you know for sure how many servings it makes when I try this tomorrow. Cheers! ~Sylkia

5. Sylkia says:

• justputzing says:

Fabulous! Can’t wait to hear how this turns out for you.

• Sylkia says:

Review: As good as it looks and sounds. If you follow the recipe it will make four servings, but you will need to double or even triple the hollandaise sauce recipe if you want it to look like the picture and you will of course have left over biscuits. I’m sure I’ll figure out what to do with those later. ;-)
        Thanks again for the inspirational recipe, Cheers! ~Sylkia