So, once again, Dan has abandoned me for the mountains of Tahoe. And guys? It’s pretty great. (Sorry Dan!) The house is quiet, my Kindle is loaded with new murder mysteries just waiting to be read, I’ve got The Hunger Games playing on TV, and there are two sleepy cats purring up a storm on either side of me on the couch. Life is pretty great.
You know what else is great? Omelettes. Did you know that you can make a perfectly fluffy, savory omelette stuffed with cheese and vegetables and chicken…in a mug…in 5 minutes? And, not only will it be delicious and satisfying, but low cal and healthy as well? I know. It’s amazing. It may even be magic. It’s definitely my new favorite way to brunch.
Omelette in a Mug (268 cal, 30g protein)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp skim milk
- 1 tbsp low-fat grated cheese (I used Sargento’s Reduced Fat 4-Cheese Mexican blend)
- 2 tbsp diced green bell pepper
- 2 tbsp diced onion
- 1/2 a Perfect Portions Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast fillet (I baked mine the night before at 425 for 20 minutes)
- In a small bowl (or directly in your mug), crack and beat your eggs with a fork.
- Stir in the flour, milk, cheese, and diced vegetables.
- Chop your chicken breast half into small pieces. Add to your egg mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour mixture into your mug.
- Microwave for 1-1/2 min to 2 min.
** I microwaved for 1 min first, then kept microwaving in 15 second intervals, checking the mug after each interval, until my omelette was fully cooked.
- Enjoy immediately!