Short post today, folks. Mostly because it’s ridiculously hard to make white dip/white bread look appetizing in photos, and I had a rough time getting the dip to look like something other than a pile of cheesy vomit. Sigh. Food photography – it makes me crazy sometimes, y’all.
But guys, if you can get past the way it looks, this dip actually tastes amazing (I swear!). The recipe is inspired by the cheesy crab dip we always order at our favorite local restaurant, and it’s creamy, cheesy, garlicky, and packed to the gills with yummy lump crab. When eaten with toasted baguettes (or thick-cut potato chips), it’s quite literally heaven in your mouth. Give it a try – you won’t be disappointed!
BTW, don’t forget to enter my Arctic Chill Ice Ball Maker Giveaway for your chance to win your own set of super awesome ice ball makers!
- 8 oz chive & onion cream cheese
- 8 oz marscapone
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 cups grated cheddar
- 8 oz lump crab meat
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor blend together the cream cheese, marscapone, sour cream, garlic powder, chili powder, and 1-1/2 cups cheddar cheese until smooth.
- Stir in the crab meat.
- Season with salt/pepper to taste.
- Spoon dip mixture into to an oven safe serving dish.
- Sprinkle remaining ½ cup grated cheddar over the top of your dip.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until warm and the top of your dip is golden brown.
- Garnish with green onions.
- Serve immediately, with lots of toasted bread. (FYI, this dip is actually pretty good cold too)
(Inspired by Dogfish Head Alehouse’s three-cheese crab dip)