Guys – I’ve got one last post for you before the Super Bowl, and it’s going to be a short one. Partly because I’m feeling lazy, and partly because I was in a rush with my picture-taking so most of them didn’t turn out that well. Oh well – you win some, you lose some.
Today’s recipe comes to you courtesy of my law school BFF Karen, who always claimed not to know how to cook, but was somehow always busting out fabulous “family recipes” for parties. This “confetti” salsa is one of them, and it’s killer.
If it’s true that we eat with our eyes and our mouths, then this is a recipe that can easily satisfy both. It’s light and refreshing, bursting with bright, clean flavors, and eating it always makes me feel like I’m munching on a rainbow.
And did I mention that it’s super healthy and easy to make? Just toss a ton of chopped vegetables into a bowl with some spices, stir, and voila! A big bowl of deliciousness for your Super Bowl party this weekend.
Enjoy, and…GO PATS!
(PS – For other Super Bowl snack ideas, check out some of my other recipes.)
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 1 can on black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 small jalepeno, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1-2 tsp salt (or more, to taste)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Combine all your ingredients in a large bowl, and stir until well-mixed.
- Serve with tortilla chips and/or pita wedges.
(Slightly adapted from Karen’s family recipe)