Short post today, folks! It was too nice outside this weekend to be cooped up in my kitchen, so instead of getting fancy with brunch, I just threw together a quick smoothie with fresh mango, banana, carrot and the pineapple I had leftover from making lava flows last week. I’m calling it a Tropical Orange Smoothie, because (1) it’s got tropical fruits in it, and (2) I like to categorize my smoothies by color.
And it was delicious. Possibly my new favorite breakfast smoothie. Super smooth and creamy, full of yummy mango/pineapple flavor, and really refreshing. And, because there were carrots and Greek yogurt in it, it made me feel like I was being extra good and healthy.
So good and healthy, in fact, that we decided to walk instead of drive to our local beer garden (1.5ish miles away), where we canceled out our healthy smoothies and exercise with beer and nachos. Life is all about balance, you guys…
Happy Sunday, everyone – have a great week!
Thanks for reading Just Putzing Around the Kitchen! To stay up-to-date on what I’ve got going on in the kitchen and what’s coming next on the blog, follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or Pinterest, or subscribe via e-mail (in the sidebar) to get new recipes sent directly to your inbox.
- ½ cup fresh mango, cut into chunks
- ½ cup fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- ⅓ cup non-fat Greek yogurt (I used Chobani Plain)
- ⅓ cup grated carrot
- ½ banana
- ¼ cup orange juice( (I used Simply Orange Mango)
- ⅓-1/2 cup water
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, and you only see tiny flecks of carrot. (Depending on how thick you like your smoothies, add more or less water, then blend mixture again until smooth)