The afredo was hot and creamy and satisfying — perfect for a cold spring day in Massachusetts.
Spinach & Mushroom Alfredo (Adapted from Cooks.com recipe)
– 3 cups spinach
– 2 cups mushrooms
– 2 cloves garlic, chopped
– 3 tbsp butter
– 2 cups cream
– 1-1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
– 3 tsp flour
– Pinch of salt
– 1/2 box fettuccine noodles
(1) Bring 4 quarts water to a boil. Cook fettuccine until soft, stirring constantly to make sure the noodles don’t stick. Add pinch of salt. Drain and set aside.
(2) Melt butter in a skillet. Saute garlic in the skillet on medium heat for about a minute.
(3) Add mushrooms to skillet, making sure to spread them out evenly. Cook until soft and brown.
(4) Add spinach, cook until wilted.
(5) Pour cream into skillet, whisking constantly until it begins to thicken.
(6) Add Parmesan and flour. Keep whisking for about three minutes. Add salt to taste.
(7) Take off heat. Add noodles, combining until each noodle is well-coated with sauce.
(8) Serve while hot.
I love the bright green spinach in the creamy sauce. Delicious and just the thing for a lousy grey New England day 🙂
just heard about this "healthy" fettucine recipe…it involves subbing cream for cauliflower…