A few weeks ago the good folks at Progresso asked me if they could send me a pack of their new Recipe Starters to try. Ummm, could they send me a whole bunch of free, yummy, pre-made cooking sauces that will give my dinners oomph and save me from slaving over the stove for hours? Obviously yes. So they did, and my sauces arrived late last week, and the timing couldn’t have been more perfect. The weather is getting colder and I’m starting to crave heartier meals for dinner. Like Chicken Cacciatore, for example, which was one of the recipes that came with my pack of Starters. And oh my lord, it was so easy, and so satisfying. Tender, juicy chicken and pasta drenched in savory, tomato-packed sauce that tastes homemade? Yumm. On the table in less than 45 minutes? Fabulous! Can’t wait to try the other flavors — keep your eyes peeled for upcoming recipes.
** This is a sponsored post, but all opinions are my own.
Easy Chicken Cacciatore (From Progresso’s Recipe Starter recipes)
- 8 oz uncooked spaghetti
- 1 package boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 18oz can Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ fire roasted tomato cooking sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves or 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Cook and drain spaghetti as directed on package.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper on both sides, to taste.
- In nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken thighs and cook the pieces 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from pan; set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add mushrooms and garlic to the skillet. Cover and cook until vegetables are soft and tender.
- Return chicken to skillet and pour the cooking sauce over everything.
- Sprinkle with basil, cover, and simmer for about 10 minutes.
** Chicken is ready if juices run clear when you slice into the thickest part of each thigh.
- Serve over spaghetti, and enjoy with a glass of wine!
Beautiful looking meal!