First Patriots game of the season was last night, and Dan was giddy with excitement. Me? Not so much. As dreamy as Tom Brady is, my favorite part of watching football is the eating. Chips and dips…wings…pizza. Mmm, junk food!
I saw this recipe for pizza puffs on FoodGawker and knew right away that I was going to have to make them. The ingredients were all things I had laying around, the prep/cook time was short, and the recipe just looked/sounded really tasty.
These puffs are seriously delightful, guys. They taste exactly like pizza, but fluffier. And, because they’re bite-sized, they’re extra easy to eat. You pop one in your mouth, chew, savor the deliciously cheesy flavor, and the next thing you know the whole plate is gone. Definitely a great addition to the list of appetizers/snacks that will help get me through football season.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used Parmesan and Colby Jack)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup pepperoni, chopped/diced
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Italian seasoning
(1) Preheat oven to 400, and grease a mini-muffin pan.>
(2) In a large bowl, mix everything but the Italian seasoning.
** You should get a batter that’s slightly less thick than pancake batter.
(3) Scoop batter into the cups of the mini-muffin pan, about 2/3 full. Sprinkle some Italian seasoning on top of the batter in each cup.
(4) Bake 10-12 minutes.
(5) Serve warm with a side of marinara or pasta sauce.
For other great recipe ideas, click here.