Hello hello! Remember when I told you guys about McCormick FlavorPrint a few weeks ago (actually, make that a month ago…where did July go!)? You know, the online meal planning service that gives you personalized recipe recommendations tailored to your individual flavor profiles? As you may recall, I told you that I had chosen three recipes to try – Chunky Chicken Chili, Chocolate Chip Blondies, and California-Style Flank Steak. Well, today’s your lucky day because I’m (finally) back with another recipe to share with you!
This blondie recipe was recommended to me by FlavorPrint after I took the introductory flavor profile quiz and learned that I tend to gravitate towards sweet desserts with chocolate/coffee flavors. This should come as no surprise to anyone who reads my blog – I like sweet things; I eat a lot of desserts; and I love chocolate. So, when I saw this super straightforward recipe for one of my favorite treats, using ingredients that I already had in my pantry, I knew that I had to make it ASAP.
Lucky for me, my friend Robin got a nasty eye infection about a week after I got this recipe…which, now that I’ve typed it out, I can see is a weird thing to have said. What I meant to say is that Robin was laid low by an eye infection for like two weeks and needed a pick-me-up. Which gave me the perfect excuse to try out McCormick’s recipe, because nothing lifts a person’s spirits like a big plate of moist, chocolate-y dessert bars, ya know?
This recipe is super easy – all you have to do is mix some basic baking ingredients in a bowl (butter, sugar, flour, vanilla…all common things everyone has in their pantry), spread the batter into a greased pan, and bake! Voila – your house smells like chocolate chip cookies (because really, blondies are basically chocolate chip cookies in brownie form), and you’re sinking your teeth into a warm, melty treat that’s got a moist, tender crumb and is packed with gooey chocolate goodness in each bite. Pretty hard to resist, basically.
Robin certainly couldn’t resist the batch I made her. And when she put it out in the coffee area to rid herself of temptation, the rest of the office couldn’t resist either. All two dozen of the blondies were gone by lunch. Now that’s the sign of a good recipe!
To see other delicious McCormick FlavorPrint recipes from other bloggers, look for posts on Facebook and Twitter with the hashtag “#MyFlavorPrint”.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, melted
- 2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp chocolate extract (optional)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 13x9-inch baking pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan. Spray foil with no stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Mix butter and brown sugar in large bowl until well blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. If you have it, add your chocolate extract too - it'll give you blondies even more concentrated chocolate flavor.
- Add flour mixture; mix just until moistened.
- Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Spread batter into your prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean.
- Allow blondies to cool in the pan on wire rack.
- Use foil handles to remove dessert from pan.
- Place on cutting board and cut into bars.
- Enjoy, immediately!
(Recipe very slighty adapted from the McCormick FlavorPrint recipe)
** This post is sponsored by McCormick and I have been compensated for my participation; however, all opinions in this post are my own.