You know how sometimes, when you’re on a diet, and you’re trying to be really good and not eat too many carbs or bad fats or refined sugars, somehow instead of losing weight you end up gaining weight because thinking about all the things you’re not supposed to eat just makes you crave those things uncontrollably? Yeah. That is what’s happening with my wedding diet right now.
And it’s why, instead of snacking on carrot sticks, I’m stuffing my face with brownies. Rich, fudgy brownies with lots of butter, sugar, and three different kinds chocolate, two of which come from candy bars. Yup — these babies have carbs, fats, and refined sugars. So yeah, they’re not part of the wedding diet. But no, I do not regret anything. Because guys…these brownies are freaking amazing, and you need to try them. Now!
- 1 stick butter (4 oz)
- 1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- ½ of a Symphony bar, chopped
- ½ of a Mr. Goodbar, chopped
- ½ cup toffee bits (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a square baking pan.
- Combine butter and chocolate chips in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until melted and mixture is smooth, then turn off your stove.
- Stir in brown sugar, salt, and vanilla.
- Add eggs, one add a time, whisking quickly between each addition.
- Add flour, and stir until about half incorporated.
- Add chopped candy bar pieces and toffee bits, and stir until batter is completely smooth and all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Pour batter into your baking pan, and use a spatula to spread it evenly over the entire pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool to room temperature, slice, serve, and enjoy...with a lot of milk. (If you want your brownies to slice evenly, stick your pan in the fridge for 20-30 minutes before serving.)
(Adapted from One Lovely Life’s recipe)