You guys. Can you handle how cute these teeny weenie cookies are? I don’t think I can. No, I definitely cannot. All last week, even though I had a ridiculous amount of non-blog work to do, I kept logging in to WordPress to sneak peaks at my draft for this post, grinning foolishly at the screen, and fighting the urge to reach out and lightly pet the pictures. Because, you know…sanity and self respect are things that I have.
As I’m sure you all know by now, I am a big fan of things in miniature. (Did you guys actually know this? I forget, but I feel like I must have mentioned it by now.) I’ve made bite-sized cookies before, but these “sprinkles” are by far the tiniest. Don’t let the super close-up shots fool you – these little guys are somewhere between the size of a nickel and a quarter. Which is to say…super frickin’ small, super frickin’ cute.
Look – these “sprinkles” are so tiny you can put them in a very small jar. It’s like a jar of spare change, but better. Who wants one? Amy? Kat? Just kidding, I don’t have any more jars of cookie sprinkles left to give out. I made these a week ago and they’re long gone – right into our bellies.
We popped them like candy, ate them sprinkled over ice cream, dipped them into little shot glasses full of milk…and they were so good. Imagine your favorite chocolate chip cookie – crispy on the outside, soft/chewy in the middle – and then imagine that cookie has been shrink-rayed and is about 10 times smaller than usual. That’s what these cookie sprinkles are like. Perfection.
I could blather on some more about how great these sprinkles are, and how cute they are, but I won’t because I’m tired and it’s time for bed. All I’ll say is…give these a try! You’ll love them, I promise.
And, check out this fun article about chocolate chip cookies!
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Cream together the butter and sugars.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add dry ingredients, and mix just until combined.
- Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate dough until firm (or throw it in the freezer), about 30 minutes.
- Scoop out ½ tsp dough per cookie sprinkle onto a baking sheet. (My scoops were roughly the size of 3 regular-sized chocolate chips stuck together, if that helps.)
- Bake for about 5 minutes or until desired done-ness is reached.
- Allow cookies to cool on the pan for about 10 minutes, then remove to cooling rack to finish off.
- Enjoy! Alone, over ice cream, or whatever.
(Barely adapted from Yammie’s Noshery)