– 4 pieces banana bread, chopped into squares.
– 1/4 cup brown sugar
– 1/2 stick butter
– 1 dash cinnamon
– 1 dash cloves
– 1 banana, cut in half length-wise
– 1 cup heavy cream, whipped and sweetened.
(3) Place both halves of the banana into the skillet and spoon sauce over the top. Cook until a sugary crust forms on the outside of the fruit. Pull out and set aside.
** At this point you can keep cooking the sauce until it is thick and syrupy, then add it as one of your trifle components. Mine burned, so I left it out…
(4) Let bananas cool, then chop them into small pieces.
(5) Layer chopped bananas on top of the banana bread in the trifle bowls.
(6) Layer the remaining banana bread on top of the cooked bananas.
(7) Top with whipped cream. Sprinkle with cinnamon and serve.
One year ago: Chocolate Fudge