Another day, another margarita. Don’t judge me, OK? It’s Cinco de Mayo! I’m pretty sure margaritas are mandatory on Cinco de Mayo. Yup. Totally.
And that’s fine by me, ‘cuz these grape fruit margs are fabulous — mild, sweet, tangy, and refreshing. Even Dan, who doesn’t like grapefruit at all and looked deeply skeptical when I told him I was going to make him a delicious cocktail with grapefruit juice, had to admit that this was one tasty beverage. Really, the best way to describe it is “dangerously drinkable”.
Not only are these margaritas tasty, they are super easy to make. Even easier than the Classic Lime Margaritas from the other day. Turns out, it’s easier to squeeze a couple grapefruits than a billion limes. Bigger squeezing surface, and more juice per fruit. Less time spent juicing, and more time spent drinking? Sounds awesome to me!
- Juice from 2 grapefruits
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 oz lime juice
- ¾ cup silver tequila
- Extra slices of grapefruit, for garnish
- Heat water and sugar in a small sauce pan until completely dissolved and the water is clear. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Pour sugar water (simple syrup!) mixture into a pitcher with grapefruit juice.
- Add tequila and lime juice, and stir. Throw a few slivers of grapefruit into the pitcher for color and added flavor.
- Pour over ice and garnish with grapefruit slices.
- Enjoy immediately over ice.
(Adapted from Confections of a Foodie Bride)
For more Cinco de Mayo recipe ideas, check out some of these recipes, from the archives:
Aaron’s Chicken with Rice and Beans
Baked Taquitos al Pastor
General Tso’s Tacos
Spinach & 4-Cheese Quesadillas
Steak and Spinach Quesadillas
Tacos al Pastor
Blackberry Champagne Margaritas
Classic Lime Margaritas
Watermelon-Lime Agua Frescas
This looks so refreshingly good.
They definitely were 🙂
I absolutely love grapefruit, and I love grapefruit cocktails even more! I’ve never thought to make a grapefruit margarita- thank goodness I stumbled across this recipe so I can try it!
I hope you like it!
Russell at Chasing Delicious says
This is my kind of margarita! I’m loving the grapefruit twist.
LP @dishclips says
Thanks for sharing. This drink looks great!
You love it, Gildo 😉