Short post today, guys. Just wanted to let you know about this amazing banana bread I made this weekend. Moist and tender crumb, tons of delicious banana flavor, and topped with delightfully crunchy sweet streusel bits. It’s perfect for breakfast, as a snack, or…pretty much any time you want a delicious treat. And, did I mention that it’s totally gluten free? Yup. Using cup4cup flour, a special gluten free flour developed by the genius chefs at French Laundry, this recipe turned out exactly like a regular, non-GF banana bread — same texture and consistency, and none of the strange flavor or after-taste you sometimes get with rice or potato-based flours. Give it a try! You’ll love this, I promise.
GF Banana Bread with Crunchy Streusel Topping
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 a stick butter/margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups gluten free flour (See where you can buy cup4cup here. For you non-GF folks out there, just substitute the same amount of all-purpose flour.)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 dash ginger
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 cup GF flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, gently mash your ripe bananas until there are no more large lumps/chunks.
- Mix melted butter into your mashed bananas.
- Add brown sugar, egg, vanilla, and spices. Mix well.
- Add flour and stir until well combined.
- Pour batter into your loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine your streusel ingredients. Mix until you have a wet, crumbly mixture.
- Sprinkle your streusel mixture evenly over the batter in your loaf pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool completely, then slice and serve.
remo @foodepix.com says
interesting banana bread. looks delicious
Good blog post. I certainly love this site. Stick with it!