Guys, am I crazy or is it supposed to be spring already? You know…longer days, more sunshine, budding flowers, chirping birds…warmer weather? Yes? So why the hell is it snowing! Why is there slush on the ground! Where are my frickin’ spring flowers! TELL ME.
Obviously, I’m a little upset about the weather. And, obviously the only way to deal with snow in almost-April is to get huffy and make bacon cheese fries for dinner. I am a firm believer that there is no problem a pile of crispy fries smothered in melted cheese and crunchy bacon bits can’t solve.
And guys? These fries were fabulous. I served them piping hot with three different dipping sauces, and between all the gooey cheese, the salty/crunchy bacon, and the crispy fried potatoes, all my weather woes melted away. Dan and I inhaled this plate in record time, then immediately made another batch. Self control – we’ve got it.
Happy Monday, everyone!
- ½ package frozen, store-bought french fries (I used Ore Ida)
- ½ cup grated Pepper Jack cheese
- ½ cup grated Colby Jack cheese
- 2 strips bacon
- Green onions, for garnish (optional)
- In a frying pan or skillet, cook bacon strips until crispy. Allow to drain on paper towels, then crumble or chop into small pieces. Set aside.
- Cook frozen french fries according to the package instructions. Scoop fries onto an oven-safe plate.
- Layer grated cheese and bacon bits over the top of your cooked fries.
- Set oven to low broil.
- Stick cheese/bacon-covered fries back in the oven for about 1 minute, or until cheese is completely melted.
- Garnish with some chopped green onion.
- Enjoy immediately, with lots of ketchup and blue cheese dressing.