As you can probably tell from the low quality photo and haphazard composition above (yes, I did just throw down a random handful of cherries), this week’s Thirsty Thursday post is kind of phoned in. Sorry! Cut me some slack though – it’s been a hell of a week, and I wanted to drink the drink rather than just take a bunch of pictures of it. Plus, I had a ton of packing to do, ‘cuz Dan and I are heading to Europe for 2 weeks! Actually, by the time you read this, we will already be in Iceland, possibly climbing a glacier. Anything is possible on vacation! Yayyyyyyy vacationnnnnnnnnn!!!! Can you tell I’m excited for this trip? So. EXCITED.
You know what else I’m excited about? All these awesome drinks:
- This mango sangria will definitely be making an appearance on my blog and in my life (a lot) this summer…
- I said it last week, and I’m saying it this week – we should all put blueberries in cocktails more often!
- What is it about pink girly-looking drinks that speaks to me so much?
- Is putting basil in drinks a thing now? Is it good? It looks good.
- I love the idea of frozen sangria/sangria slushies! Must try this ASAP.
- Mmmm, mango-ginger lemonade.
- My mint plant is out of control right now. These mojitos are just what I need to keep my plant in check. Also, to keep me tipsy all summer.
- Mango. Prosecco. Mojito! All things that I love. In one place. [Swoon]
- Dan and I tried infusing tequila with a bunch of habaneros from our garden last summer to make spicy margaritas. It did not go well. The Foodie Bride’s recipe looks like it’s will be way better
- Cherry pie filling (You can use store bought, or make your own - cook 2 to 3 cups pitted cherries + ¾ cups sugar + 3 tbsp corn starch over medium heat until mixture is glossy and thick, then stir in the juice of 1 lemon and chill until ready to serve)
- 1 oz gin
- ½ oz lemon juice
- Club soda
- Spoon 2-3 tbsp cherry pie filling into the bottom of your drinking glass.
- Add gin and lemon juice, and stir well.
- Fill glass with ice (or use one giant ice cube like I did).
- Top glass off with club soda.